Modern art print of Cape Reinga/Te Rerenga Wairua is in the north of the North Island of New Zealand where the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea collide. Cape Reinga is a deeply spiritual and sacred place for Māori. It is here that the spirits of the departed travel on their journey to the afterlife. They descend into the underworld via the roots of an ancient native Pohutakawa tree on the headland and journey back to Hawaiki which is the ancestral homeland for Māori people. Reinga means underworld and Te Rerenga Wairua means leaping-off place of spirits.
In this artwork I wanted to pay homage to the traditional Māori significance of this extraordinary place. The intention was to build up layers of spiritual symbolism with the presence of the traditional motifs carved into the land, the Pohutukawa tree on the cape, the swirling sea merging into sky, the lighthouse suggesting European influences and the shadow it casts but also the grass around its base showing the connection between the land and the building, signifying the merging of cultures. This is an expression of how I feel about this place and I hope that you can also find some personal significance in this art.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
PAPER + PRINTING + PACKAGING
• printed on thick, durable, matte, Museum-quality, archival, acid-free paper that yields brilliant prints. • the A4 size is packaged in a cellophane bag with thick cardboard backing and shipped flat in an envelope. If being shipped outside NZ or Australia A4 prints are rolled in a tube. • all other sizes are rolled and packaged in an international postal grade cardboard tube. • Canvas artworks are shipped in corrugated boxes • Framed prints are first wrapped in tissue paper to protect them from scratches and are then wrapped in a layer of adhesive bubble wrap. Finally, they are wrapped in a thicker, more durable bubble wrap that will add extra protection during shipment.
• Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base • 20.5 mil thick canvas, 470 g/m² • Mounting brackets included • Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars • Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free) • 1.5" deep
•Please note estimated delivery for FRAMED PRINTS is 15 business days
• Alder, semi-hardwood frame from renewable forests • .75” thick frame • Paper thickness: 10.3 mil • Paper weight: 5.57 oz/y² (189 g/m²) • Acrylite front protector (acrylic not glass) • Lightweight • Hanging hardware included
• For speed of delivery and reduced carbon miles printing locations vary depending on the destination of the artwork. I have high quality and reliable printing partners in USA, Europe and Australia/NZ.
• your artwork is made to order and production takes 2-7 days
• shipping times for unframed prints are 3-5 days for Europe and USA, 5-10 days for all other destinations
• please note canvas prints and framed prints take about 3 weeks for production/delivery
Details for 'A' sized prints:
• these are printed in the Europe, Australia or New Zealand depending on which of these locations is closest to the destination of your order
Details for 'INCH' sized prints, FRAMED PRINTS and CANVAS artworks:
• these are printed in the USA, Europe or Australia depending on which of these locations is closest to the destination of your order
• Shipping times also vary but the longest shipping target is 10 business days after fulfilment. • I'll keep you informed if there are any delays. • message me if you have any questions
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AT CHECKOUT
• If this is a gift, you can leave a message for your recipient in 'Special instructions for seller' in the cart. I will make sure your message is included with your order.
• you may want to use this message for specific delivery instructions or any other message to me.
Thanks for shopping at Bridget Hall Design and I hope you enjoy my art!