Modern art print of Cape Reinga/Te Rerenga Wairua is in the north of the North Island of New Zealand where the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea collide. Cape Reinga is a deeply spiritual and sacred place for Māori. It is here that the spirits of the departed travel on their journey to the afterlife. They descend into the underworld via the roots of an ancient native Pohutakawa tree on the headland and journey back to Hawaiki which is the ancestral homeland for Māori people. Reinga means underworld and Te Rerenga Wairua means leaping-off place of spirits.
In this artwork I wanted to pay homage to the traditional Māori significance of this extraordinary place. The intention was to build up layers of spiritual symbolism with the presence of the traditional motifs carved into the land, the Pohutukawa tree on the cape, the swirling sea merging into sky, the lighthouse suggesting European influences and the shadow it casts but also the grass around its base showing the connection between the land and the building, signifying the merging of cultures. This is an expression of how I feel about this place and I hope that you can also find some personal significance in this art.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
PAPER + PRINTING + PACKAGING
• printed on thick, durable, matte, Museum-quality, archival, acid-free paper that yields brilliant prints. • the A4 size is packaged in a cellophane bag with thick cardboard backing and shipped flat in an envelope. If being shipped outside NZ or Australia A4 prints are rolled in a tube. • all other sizes packaged in an international postal grade Kraft tube. • Canvases are shipped in corrugated boxes • Frames are first wrapped in tissue paper to protect them from scratches and are then wrapped in a layer of adhesive bubble wrap. Finally, they are wrapped in a thicker, more durable bubble wrap that will add extra protection during shipment.
• Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base • 20.5 mil thick canvas, 470 g/m² • Mounting brackets included • Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars • Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free) • 1.5" deep
•Please note estimated delivery for FRAMED PRINTS is 15 business days
• Alder, semi-hardwood frame from renewable forests • .75” thick frame • Paper thickness: 10.3 mil • Paper weight: 5.57 oz/y² (189 g/m²) • Acrylite front protector (acrylic not glass) • Lightweight • Hanging hardware included
• I have printing partners at different locations around the World so that your print can be printed closer to you and reduce shipping times • fulfillment locations vary depending on the size of print and destination • your artwork will take 1-7 days to be printed
Here are the details for 'A' sized prints:
• if the order destination is New Zealand or Australia your print with be sent from NZ • if the order destination is anywhere else in the World your print with be sent from the UK
Here are the details for 'INCH' sized prints, FRAMED PRINTS and CANVASES:
• these are printed in the USA, Europe or Australia depending on which of these locations is closest to the destination of your order
• Shipping times also vary but the longest shipping target is 10 business days after fulfilment. • I'll keep you informed if there are any delays. • message me if you have any questions
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BRIDGET AT CHECKOUT
• If this art is a gift you can leave if message for your recipient in 'Special instructions for seller' in the cart. I will make sure your message is included with your order.
• you may want to use this message for specific delivery instructions or any other message to me.
Thanks for shopping at Bridget Hall Design and I hope you enjoy my art!